All shipments sent from India, or received in India need KYC documents (Government recognized Identity and Address proof). These documents will be presented to Customs during shipment clearance.
Know Your Customer (KYC) Norms for Shipment Clearance
In the absence of these documents, clearance delays will result, and shipments will go into Customs Bond until KYC documents are provided. The entity based in India (either the exporter from India, or the importer into India) is responsible for the KYC documents. DHL Express has provided the entity in India with an easy method of uploading the necessary documents at www.dhlindia-kyc.com from your desktop or smart phone.
The below table provides more information about the types of KYC documents required for shipments to clear customs. The type of document that you need to submit is based on the type of your organization. Details are in the table below.
For more information, please visit DHL Express’s information page.
Form of Organization
|Documents to be Obtained (Any two Documents)|
2. PAN Card
3. Voter’s Identity Card
4. Driving License
5. Bank Account Statement
6. Ration Card
|2||Company||1. Certificate of Incorporation|
2. Memorandum of Association
3. Articles of Association
4. Power of Attorney granted to its managers, officers, or employees to transact business on its behalf
5. Copy of PAN allotment letter
6. Copy of telephone bill
|3||Partnership Frim||1. Registration certificate, if registered|
2. Partnership deed
3. Power of Attorney granted to a partner or an employee of the firm to transact business on its behalf
5. Any officially valid document identifying the partners and the person holding the Power of Attorney and their addresses
6. Telephone bill in the name of the firm/partners
|4||Trust Foundations||1. Certificate of Registration, if registered|
2. Power of Attorney granted to a partner or an employee of the firm to transact business on its behalf
3. Any officially valid documents to identify the trustees, settlers, beneficiaries, and those holding the Power of Attorney, founders/managers/directors and their addresses
5. Resolution of the managing body of the foundation/association
6. Telephone bill