What is DHL EasyShip?
DHL Easyship is a suite of shipping solutions that are a part of DHL's portfolio of automation tools. The EasyShip family ranges from software-only to highly-automated, server-based systems. Each EasyShip system offers a wide-range of DHL international products and value-added services, plus batch integration using data import/export utilities and real-time ODBC integration through DB Connect. If you have several shipments daily, contact our International Help Desk or your local shipping expert to see if you qualify to get EasyShip free of charge. If your request is approved, it takes approximately two weeks to get the system setup, installed and running in your facility.
- A DHL Export account number
- High-speed Internet Access (DSL, Cable, T1 or T3)
- Windows XP SP2, Windows 2000 SP4, Windows Vista Ultimate/Business/Home, Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 with administrative rights
- Pentium processor (1 GHz or higher; 2.4 GHz or higher is recommended)
- 512 MB RAM (More than 1 GB is recommended)
- Minimum 700 MB of free disk space
- CD-Rom drive, monitor with a resolution of at least 1024x768 and a mouse
- Label printer (Windows PostScript compatible laser printer with 300 DPI minimum, or a thermal label printer that uses the Eltron Programming Language (EPL) or the Zebra Programming Language (ZPL). The DHL Zebra ZP550 or 2844 thermal printer are recommended
Frequently Asked Questions
If I already have a thermal printer, can I use it?
EasyShip is presently certified to work with the DHL Zebra ZP550, 2844 and 2348 thermal label printers. Other printers that support the Eltron and Zebra Programming Language, and PostScript printers are also supported.
What support is available for DHL EasyShip?
If you need assistance, our International Help Desk or your local shipping expert are always available to answer your questions or help you generate an air waybill.
Can I use a dial up connection with DHL EasyShip?
You may use a dial up connection to process your shipments, but a high-speed connection is recommended.
Can I file an EEI (Electronic Export Information) with U.S. Customs' Automated Export System (AES)?
Yes, there are two methods for filing an EEI using DHL Easyship: self filing or AES WebLink. If you need help filing an EEI, call our International Help Desk for assistance.